Well seeing as how it is summer, I just had to sleep in yesterday. So I woke up at around 2 pm. Yes, it was awesome. But there was no sleeping in today, because Emily and Hannah both desired to be woken up early. It is the last day of school after all. There are two days in the whole year when you are sure to wish to wake up early for school: the first and the last. Both equally exciting and promising yet for different reasons. I wanted to wake up early because of this little thing I have to do today called the PSATs. I haven’t done them in the past because it takes like 5 hours, but today is the last day of summer without little kids running around, so I thought it would be a good idea.
When Uncle Bob and Auntie Doreen were here, we went to the Falls. When we were there, I realized how much I love the sound of the Falls…the way that all other noise fades away as you get closer and closer, and all you can here is the rushing intensity of that water coming over the edge, crashing over rocks and cliffs onto the waiting water underneath. That got me thinking about what other sounds I love. So…here are my favourite sounds as of today:
1. The Falls, ba-duh.
2. Matt Theisen’s voice against an acoustic guitar.
3. The chatter and laughter filling up every empty space in a cafeteria.
4. When a chord or note resolves itself.
5. The way my Grandma cries…so quietly, so peaceful, so full of drama.
6. My cell phone ring…hahaha
7. The church congregation singing a hymn they all know.
8. Nature…not like nature-right outside my window-it’s six AM-nature…but like middle of the day, leisurely stroll by the river nature.
9. The pitter-patter or rain falling outside (it’s raining right now…lucky me!)
10. Nothing. When I can’t hear anything, my mind slows down, the quietness inside matches the outside, and I can hear what I need to hear most. Sometimes you just need to quiet down and be still to feel God’s work.
2 Responses to “A Sweet Sweet Sound”
Leave a Reply
(Your initial comment will require moderation. Once I add you, your comments will show up immediately after being submitted)